Wednesday, January 26, 2011

LA Anyone?

So then there is the big decision. Do we go to the Grammy Awards Ceremony? I mean, like seriously, when will this opportunity ever come up again? John isn’t the most talkative person on the planet, and it is very difficult for me to know what is going on inside his head, even though I’ve been married to the guy for nearly 21 years now.  So I ask him, do you want to go to the Grammy Awards? Answer: Well, I don’t know.  Then, the next day, there it is on the front page of the Athens Banner Herald, “Yes, I think I’d like to go to the Grammys.” Okay….

So then we find out that the nominee is entitled to two free tickets to the awards ceremony and the VIP after party. Four more tickets can be purchased: two can be purchased for $300 each, and two others can be purchased for $150 each.  VIP party tix can be had for another $200 a pop.  We’re thinking we don’t know anyone that would spring for that, and the airfare, and the hotel, etc... Boy, were we wrong. We say yes to the first two calls expressing interest in two tix each. (Kathryn is one of them.) Then the phone calls start… Sorry. We never guessed anyone would want to drop that kind of cash to go.

Delta’s ATL to LAX here we come!

-jo

No comments:

Post a Comment