Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sunshine Cleaners Saves the Day

The replacement red dress arrives in the mail: with fingerprint stains… from lotion. I can’t stand it anymore. By now this is the only dress in the world for me, and it is flawed. I can’t stand the thought of dealing with salespeople about it. The shipping, the waiting, the charging and crediting the credit card -- I didn’t want any part of it.  My neighbor, Kathryn, suggests I take it to the cleaners.  I had thought of that, but I thought, if the stains won’t come out, then I can’t take it back. It wasn’t cheap.

So I go to Sunshine Cleaners. The one person in the entire world I trust with fabric has retired. NO!!!! But, another kind woman who says she has been in the dry cleaning business “a long time” assures me that it is indeed a lotion stain, and they can get it out. I sent John to pick it up the following day. I couldn’t bear to look at it.  So the next day, while I was at work, I called Sunshine Cleaners to ask them if they remembered me, my story, and my dress… and could they please tell me if they got the stain out.

The lady said, yes, now go look at that dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment